10 Doctor Recommended ways to feel Happier
As the title of this post suggests, today we shall talk about happiness , but let me first share this beautiful quote with you .
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life!" ~ John Lennon
|Love you Zindagi ! (P.C. - canva.com)|
We all strive for that elusive state of happiness, that will take away the pain of living and make us feel fulfilled and also look forward to living on.
Life is full of strives and challenges.
Life is not a bed of roses!
But is Happiness as elusive as we think?
Is it impossible to be happy when facing adversity?
The answer, my friend, is NO!
Happiness can be cultivated.
Happiness could be achieved, and there is a foolproof method to do so.
Today I am sharing with you ten scientifically proven ways to make you feel happier.
10 Doctor recommended ways to feel happy always :)
1. Exercise - When we exercise regularly, our body releases the " Happy Hormones ", which makes us feel better emotionally.
|Endorphins make us feel happier (P.C. - canva.com)|
2. Positive Thinking - As the holy book of Hindus, The Geeta says
माकर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोस्त्वकर्मणि ।।
Loosely translated this shloka means, you have the right only over your karma (action ) not on the Phal (the result ). Hence one should focus on the sure (our actions), not on the unsure (results). Channelize your energy into doing what you believe in with a positive mindset, paying little heed to the possible outcome.
As the saying goes - Do your best and leave the rest!
|(P.C. - canva.com)|
3. Practice Mindfulness - Mindfulness is described as the process of observing one's thoughts and feelings without evaluating them as good or bad. It is like observing your emotions and situations in the third person. One can teach oneself to be mindful by constant practice and training. This technique is commonly used in Cognitive Behavior therapy as well by psychologists.
4. Quash negative thoughts - So what if you failed at something? You are definitely good at something else, so stop focusing on your weaknesses, and focus on your strengths instead.
5. Focus on your strengths - Focus on what you love doing. Focus on what you are good at and then focus on how to develop your strengths further. It could be being a good listener, having an analytical mind, or just loving to read.
6. Value Experiences rather than Possessions - Imagine having a huge sum of money. How would you like to spend it? Would you spend it on a vacation or on acquiring a swanky new car?
The high that you get out of driving the new car will wear off after some time but the memories and experience of the vacation will linger on and can be relived again and gain.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller
Spend your money on new skills and creating new experiences.
7. Find ways to help Others - According to the negative-state relief model, by helping others a person might alleviate their bad mood and feel better. This relieves their discomfort and improves their mood (Cialdini, Darby, & Vincent, 1973).
8. Have Life Goals - If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects ~ Albert Einstein. Imagine what you want to be and how you want to feel in the near or distant future and work on those goals. Having goals gives us a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
|Learn to forgive to feel happier ((P.C. - canva.com)|
9. Learn to Forgive - Holding a grudge or nursing a hurt always makes you feel bitter , angry or sad ! Learn from your experience and move on ! Also learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes .
10. Sleep well - Getting enough sleep every day is essential to feeling good and positive, also sleeping on problems seems to have its perks rather than burning the midnight oil, so set that alarm and garb your snooze time.
The above ten are scientifically proven ways to help promote the feeling of happiness and contentment in people who practice these regularly.
" This post is a part of Blogchatter's initiative #CauseAChatter "