Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick - Maroon Magic
Hi Girlies !
I am back with a bang after a bit of a lull with a review of my my favourite item of make-up - the indispensable lipstick .Today I shall be reviewing the Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick in the shade Maroon Magic .
Price - Rs 700 for 3.7 gms
Presentation - A clear plastic twist up tube with a steel body inside .The packaging is definitely attractive enough and the tube is sturdy too .
PROS of Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick- Maroon Magic
- Attractively packaged and transport friendly .
- Long lasting colour , easily lasts upto 4-6 hours even with eating and drinking .
- Nice deep-red colour with just a hint of brown .Will specially suit dusky to medium warm complexions and hides pigmented lips too.
- No fragrance, is a pro for me .
- Does not melt in the tube even when it's 40 plus degrees celcius outside.So you can easily carry it in your purse without the fear of breakage or melting .
- Goes matte on application and stays so . So if you are not into glossy lipsticks ,this one is for you .
CONS of Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick- Maroon Magic
1. Expensive .
2. The lipstick is very difficult to apply .I mean even in Indian summers it is rock hard and I had to really press hard to get the colour .Though one swipe gives enough colour but it has to be a good strong swipe .
3. My lips are already creased and even though I had exfoliated my lips, you can see that it settles in the lines and accentuates them . So dry lips have to take extra caution better to use with a lip primer .
4. As with most dark reds , this stains badly and comes off with difficulty .
I rate it a 3/5 .The steep price and the difficult to work with texture are cons enough for me to stay away from this one though they have some amazing colours .
|In the arm swatch , you can see it looks slightly brownish and glossy ...|
2. LIP swatch
|...but on the lips it comes out as a lovely matte red !|
Have you tried any of the lipsticks from the Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio HD matte range ?