Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick - Hot Chocolate (312)
Price - Rs 299/- for 3.9 gms
Presentation - It comes in a simple plastic black cuboidal twist up tube with a red band band in the middle .The name of the shade is displayed on one end of the cover .
PROS of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick - Hot Chocolate
- Affordable and easily available online as well as offline .
- It is quite creamy in texture and easy to apply , so no dryness in winters and one swipe gives rich colour .
- It is a dark brown shade but with hints of red .It looks more brownish on me because of my pigmented lips but has hints of burgundy .
- Very suitable for the autumn -winter season (read dark ,burgundy ,plum colours ).
- Suitable for all complexions but more so on olive and medium ,warm complexions .
CONS of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick - Hot Chocolate
- I do not like the flimsy and not so sturdy packaging, The lid keeps coming off .
- Because it is very creamy , it melts easily in summers and product may be wasted too .
- Not matte ,so does not last long generally I need to reapply after eating or drinking .
- Being creamy , it transfers easily .
- Tends to stain the lips and so a make remover will be needed to take it off completely .
|Lip swatch of Maybelline colorshow Hot chocolate in daylight|
FINAL VERDICT - For this price , it is not bad at all .If you want to experiment with a new shade then the colorshow range is a good place to start with , they have lot of deep and bright colours .But I prefer long staying lipsticks as I hate to reapply lipstick or see it get transferred to glasses .Otherwise a beautiful alluring rich fall /winter colour.
I rate it a 3.5/5. Love the colour ,but not the lasting power .