Avene Tricneal Expert Soin Emulsion
I have had my share of struggle with adult acne every now and then and earlier I had got great results with Avene Tricneal cleanance Expert cream so I was using it whenever I suffered from breakouts and it helped every time.But this time around the product was not working well for me - also it was leaving my skin very dry.
Unluckily the Avene website does not give you much idea about how to choose a product,it does not mention the strength of the ingredients either so you have to choose yourself or ask around. After much deliberation and googling I settled for the Avene Tricneal Expert Soin (soin means care in French ) Emulsion to take care of my adult acne and post acne marks.
Today I shall share my experience about Avene Tricneal Expert Soin Emulsion after using it for nearly 2 months .
Ingredients - As per the website the Avene Tricneal Soin Emulsion contains :
An anti-bacterial and anti-inﬂammatory ingredient that effectively eliminates acne and prevent blemishes
A gentle but efﬁcient exfoliating enzyme to help reduce the appearance of stubborn marks left behind by blemishes.
It is a Vitamin A derivative, has an anti-ageing effect and also helps to unclog pores, reduce acne marks and gives a rejuvenated glow to the face.
AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER
This helps in soothing the inflamed skin and also aids in healing .
I have clicked the picture of the bottle and the key ingredients are shown below :
Presentation - I am quite happy with the sturdy but light weight slim bottle that is easy to carry with a pump that ensures that most of the product is used up.It is a bit tricky initially but works well after a few pumps.It dispenses small quantity so there is no wastage;considering it is pricey ,this is helpful.
PROS of Avene Tricneal Expert Soin Emulsion
1. Suitable for sensitive skin
2.Effective of acne and helps in preventing new ones by unclogging the pores
3. Helps in fading away marks left by acne
4. The Retinaldehyde has an anti aging action so keeps skin clear ,smooth and glowing .
5. Not drying at all , rather is moisturising
6. The Avene Thermal Water soothes the skin
7. No fragrance , which is a plus for sensitive skin and noses !
8. Can clear a pimple in 2-3 days itself
9. Regular use even keeps blackheads at bay
10. Parabens Free
CONS of Avene Tricneal Expert Soin Emulsion
1. Expensive at Rs 1800 for 30 ml , though I got it at a discount from Amazon.in
2.Not easily available offline
3.Gentle but Slow action,do not expect overnight action, though I have seen budding pimples get cleared with in 3 days too !
4. It has Retinaldehyde so should only be used in the evening (no stepping into the Sun after applying this). Make sure to use a very gentle face wash ( or use from their own range ) and always wear sun protection .
5.Not effective on larger pimples called nodules an cysts (they require internal medicine as well )
FINAL VERDICT - I am loving this product,two months down the line,it has gently cleared the acne though marks are taking a lot more time but I understand that it is a slow process and stronger treatments will end up irritating my sensitive skin and give more pimples.
Added bonus , a clearer and glowing skin !
I rate it a 4.5/5