Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid - An Ayurvedic Night Serum Review
As we age, our body produces less collagen and cellular turn over slows down, the skin starts losing its elasticity which in turn causes the appearance of dry skin, dull skin and wrinkles.
Stress, hormonal changes, Nutritional deficiencies(specially Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Protein deficiency),free radicals due to pollution and sun exposure - all of these contribute to the acceleration of the ageing process.
I have hit forty and I can feel fine lines and dry skin but I'm still skeptical about going for retinols even though all those cosmetic companies would want us to start anti-ageing creams as early as the twenties. Instead of switching to retinols for my skin care, I had been exploring other anti-ageing options or may be I should say mature skin care options in the market. Strangely very few players give a complete list of ingredients on the anti-ageing products and makes it even more tougher to choose the right product. Those who mention retinol or retinaldehyde ,do not mention the percentage of retinol /retinaldehyde in the product ,so I skipped going for retinol based anti-ageing solutions and started exploring other options.
Today I will share with you my experience with a product that has been widely promoted as the Ayurvedic alternative to the chemical anti-ageing creams and treatments. The brand claims it to be "a Miraculous Beauty Fluid that illuminates complexion and evens out the skin tone".
Price - INR 2995 for 12 ml ( yes !!!)
Presentation - The Kama Ayurveda Miraculous Beauty Fluid comes in a dark brown coloured glass bottle with a dropper. You need to use only 2-3 drops at night after cleaning the face.
Things I love about Kama Ayurveda Miraculous Beauty Fluid
1. It is not a retinol based product, retinol can cause peeling of the skin and Retinol also makes the skin more susceptible to sun damage and can cause dark spots if you are not careful with sun protection.
2. It is quite thin and spreads very easily so less quantity is needed.
Things that I detest about Kama Ayurveda Miraculous Beauty Fluid
1. The price is quite pocket pinching , though it is at par with other international brands , but still !
2. The dark oily fluid may leave stains on clothes
3. It has a sharp herbal odor, though it is tolerable but who wants to go to bed smelling like that !
4. It is not travel friendly, the glass bottle may crack, the dropper when squeezed may spill product and the product itself is oily and sharp smelling. You may need to wrap it in bubble wrap if you wish to carry it.
5. Despite the claim of "miraculous " or maybe because of that tall claim , I was quite disappointed to see no miraculous changes on my skin. After using regularly for two months my skin looked nourished and the lines looked softer but the wrinkles would be visible if I missed it even for one night.
6. Unlike retinol products that also take care of any new acne , this night serum does not help in reducing acne.