Genre – Self help,Motivational book
Pages – 197
Price – INR 270 /- This book is available on Goodreads and Amazon
Authors – Vikas Trivedi and Smita Agarwal
About the Authors
Vikas Trivedi – For somebody who once flunked his English language Exam but now not only does he hold a Masters in English literature ; he also teaches English ,that itself speaks a lot about his character .No wonder he wants to spread this positivity and motivate more and more people to make the best of their lives .
Smita Agarwal – Smita is a graduate in Accountancy and also a professional Pranic Healer .They met through Vikas Trivedi’s workshops and the idea to collaborate on a book took germ from there .
About the Book
The book starts with a short introduction and preface by the main author Vikas Trivedi .It is a self help book which deals with improving the life skills of the reader . I am generally wary of self help books as they sound very preachy to me and are quite high on theory and technical terms So I generally keep them at an arm’s distance but when I was offered this book for review , I thought let me give this one a try .
What I liked about this Book
1. Not preachy at all.In fact it feels like making conversation with a confidante ,who understands you and genuinely wants to help you out.
2. It does not address a particular age group or sex .This book can help someone as young as a schoolboy to someone who is in the twilight zone and yet feels unfulfilled.
3. Has a problem solving attitude.Identify the problem first and then tackle the problem in a step by step manner.
4. Has lots of real life stories and testimonials of people who have benefited by these ideas through workshops organised by Vikas Trivedi and a group of mentors from all across the world.This makes the book and its ideas plausible to the author.
5. The fact that its has a simple language that is very easy to understand and is not a bulky book makes it less intimidating and easy to carry with you.
6. The author uses a proactive method ,which makes the reader get involved .He urges you to make notes , in fact this book is like a small workbook, wherein you can put down your own self help goals, problems and then work out your own solutions with the help of the techniques suggested by the authors .By writing things down, it seems that you have a concrete master plan for your life which you can refer to all the time.
What I did not like about the book
So many success stories of people who have been helped by the “Law of attraction ” or Visualization techniques mentioned in the book lends credibility and bulk to the slim book but at the same time ,it felt like an overkill and I wish they had only some examples included to drive down the point.
While the market is filled with Monks with Ferraris and Soul soups to help your troubles, I found this book a refreshing, modern and easy way of achieving your objectives or finding your calling if you are still lost. Definitely a must read for all ages and classes.
I rate it a 4 /5 .
8 responses to “Book Review – The Hidden Spark”
Definitely feel that such books should deliver the message without being over preachy and liked this fact.
Yes Jhilmil ,that is the USP of this book .
seems like a nice read.. and I loved the way you described its freshness.. will read it for sure
I like books that are light on words yet give knowledge for life. Thanks for reviewing this book.
It was my pleasure !
Nice review. It made me interested in the book. I might just order.
Would love to know your thoughts too .