The only reason I took up this challenge was because I really wanted to see how true the claims are and how much the complexion gets affected first hand .
As part of the challenge we were to use the Garnier face wash and cream twice a day for 1 week and see the difference.
So first a short introduction of the Garnier Complete face wash.
According to Garnier –
Exposure to sun, pollution and harsh environmental conditions makes skin appear dull and dark.
Garnier White Complete Fairness Face wash is an effective daily face wash that helps you discover clear, radiant, and even complexion.
Enriched with exfoliating pure lemon essence, its formula cleanses and clarifies skin thoroughly and removes impurities that make skin dull.
You get one tone fairer in one wash!
Price – Garnier White Complete Fairness Face wash costs Rs 160/- for 100g
- Spreads easily and feels rich and creamy .
- Mild fragrance that does not overpower the senses .
- No beads or grittiness .
- Face looks visibly fairer and clearer after first wash itself .
- The face does not feel squeaky clean because of its creamy texture .
- Less foaming .
- It broke me out every time after use and I had to use my acne cream to take care of that alongside this , I do not recommend it for sensitive and acne prone skin .
Price -Garnier white complete fairness cream is priced at Rs 160 for 50 g.
What Garnier Claims
Multi Action fairness cream for glowing skin :
1.Instant Whitening – provides instant whitening
2.Sun Protection with SPF 19 PA+++ – Protects skin from further darkening by harmful UVA and UVB sun rays
3.Long Lasting Fairness – Fairer skin over time with regular usage
It contains( according to the website)
1.‘Speed White Serum’ – a revolutionary blend of actives that address skin moisture and fairness needs.
2.Pure Lemon Essence – known to clarify and smoothen skin
3.UV Filters – known to protect your skin from further darkening by harmful UVA and UVB rays
Dermatologically tested – suitable for all skin types.
PROS of Garnier white complete fairness cream
- Spreads easily and mattifies the skin to make the face look fresh , oil free and fair .
- Contsains SPF 19+++ , the three pluses mean it protects against tanning under the sun .
- Does lighten the skin to at least one tone fairer in one week .
- I think regular use can make the skin fairer by two tones surely .
- Does not keep the oil away for long and hence the skin starts looking dark again after two to three hours ,but then it is so humid nowadays that I seriously wonder if anything will be effective in keeping the skin matte for long .
- SPF 19+++ , is quite low , I need to be in the sun for long hours and that means I need higher SPF which means I will have to use an extra sunscreen to protect my skin .
So hurry what are you waiting for !