It claims to improve the appearance of scars, uneven skin tone, stretch marks and even dehydrated skin .I have a few stretch marks and a some acne marks and also dry skin , so I thought of trying this one out and test the veracity of these claims .
Presentation – It comes in a pinkish sturdy plastic bottle with a plastic cap.Since it is small and sturdy ,it is very travel friendly and spill proof too .There is a hole on the top for dispensing the oil .
PROS of BIO OIL
- Easily available everywhere
- Has a nice and delicate floral smell which does not linger for long though despite this being an oil .
- It has a very thin and runny consistency because of which it spreads and gets absorbed into the skin very easily .
- It has a very nice moisturising effect on the skin immediately upon application , in fact I just loved Bio-Oil for this and have been using it as a body lotion daily after bath because of how supple it makes my skin .So definitely tackles dry skin very well
- Non greasy feel
- I found that this helped in the fading of my acne marks too within a week of application .
- It contains retinyl palmitate , an anti-ageing and skin plumping ingredient .
- Did not cause any new acne on my body .
- Slightly on the expensive side
- No significant effect on old stretch marks , but I feel this may help fresh ones to some extent .