I had heard so much about primers but never really used one .My makeup routine was cleanse ,tone, moisturise and apply a foundation .But last time when I was searching for a foundation , the SA asked me to use a primer underneath the foundation to get better application and a more uniform (read non patchy) look .
- The perfect match name is true but at the same time a misnomer because it is a transparent gel like liquid.So this one will suit all complexions .
- Spreads easily ,it is better to moisturise the skin first before applying for a dewy finish .
- Creates a matte finish to which the foundation clings well and lasts longer .
- Creates an even toned look ,pits and scars are less obvious .
- Gives a smooth look and finish , helps in reducing the visibility of fine lines and pores .
- Is moisturising and does not make the skin dry .
- Little goes a long way .
- A little on the steep side price wise ,but compared to other brands ,this one is quite reasonably priced .
- It is just a makeup base and has no other major benefits (no coverage or sun protection etc. ).
|The colorbar primer has a thick consistency and is transparent
|After the primer, the foundation blends and stays better like second skin
FINAL VERDICT – A primer is definitely a product worth putting your money in .It improves the overall appearance of the skin for makeup.The makeup lasts much longer and blends better after a primer .
I rate it a 4/5 .