Well ,today I want to talk about woman power . And what better way to symbolize power than the color red !!!
The moment we see a woman sporting red lips the first thing that comes to mind is… Power .For red is not for the faint -hearted woman .It is about the Woman who is not afraid of her choices , who knows her mind and who knows how to get her way .
|Colorbar Take me as I am Lipcolor -The Packaging
In short , Sweeties, today I am going to talk about The COLORBAR Take ME As I Am Lipcolor in the shade Mischeivous Wine 008 .I think this name could be inspired by the song “Take Me As I Am” by American recording artist Mary J. Blige , because this is also about a woman and her choices .
Anyway let us come back to our topic at hand .Read on to find more …
Availability–I brought this lipcolor from the Colorbar outlet at Great India Place Mall , Noida ,U.P .
Price –Rs 800 for 3.94 g. /0.139 us oz
What Colobar says about the range –
Take me as I am lip color is a unique multi functional product which provides the application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. It is an extra creamy and soft feeling lipstick formula with excellent color pay-off and coverage. Viscous oils and esters create the beautiful shine. Skin conditioning ingredients like Shea butter and vitamin E further enhance the comfortable wearing properties.
The Packaging –Actually it was the pacakaging which caught my eye ,It is just like a chubby black pencil with a cap. A sharpner comes free with it .The pencil is very convenient to hold and store , no fear of melting or spills .When needed one can sharpen the tip .So it is actually a two -in-one product -a lip liner and a lipstick both together .
There is a small colored encircling strip at the base which helps in easy identifying of the shade .Though I wish that color coding was done at the top so you do not have to take out the whole pencil and then check out the base .
|The Colorbar Lipcolor -easy to use
The Product — It is matte finish formula with a staying power of about 4-6 hours easily .The coverage is very good .The color comes out a deep red with blue undertones .The only con is it starts to feel dry after about 30 minutes .So exfoliating and moisturizing the lips with a lip balm is very important .Though it does look creamy on the lips even without a lip balm .
|Single swipe gives enough color -Colorbar Take me as I Am
This is how it looks on me , the application is a bit patchy in places as you can see and good color payoff with a single layer .
|Lip Swatch of Colorbar Take me As I Am Lipcolor
1. Good color pay off so the jumbo stick will last for a long time .
2 .Matte finish .
3. Sturdy and convenient packaging .
4. Lipstick and lipliner together in one product
5. Easy to sharpen and with dark colours a sharp line is very important
6. Long wear .
7.Will suit all complexions especially olive and Tan ones .
1. The price -Rs 800 is a little heavy on the pocket .
2. Leaves a red stain behind and the application is patchy .
3. Feels drying and somewhat waxy like other matte lipsticks after some time.
The Verdict — Colorbar Take Me as I Am is good lipstick in a utilitarian presentation ,except for the dryness and price there is not much to complain about . There are twelve beautiful shades (including Mysterious Wine) available in this range
1. Sensuous Red –A pure Red colour
2. Flirtatious Pink — A Rosy brown colour
3. Bare Dare Pink— A brownish Pink colour
4. Lip smacking Cherry–A mauve colour
5. Mysterious Nude— Nude as it says
6. Seductive Tan–Light brown colour
7. Sinful Orange— Pure orange colour will only look good on fair complexions
8. Pure Coral— A beautiful shade of Coral will look lovely on fair to medium complexions
9. Tango Pink –A pinky coral color
10. Orchid Pink— a hot pink colour with blue undertones
11.Tickle me Pink— A hot pink colour
So what are you waiting for ,splurge on these fantabulous shades ,now .
Disclaimer–This review is an unprejudiced and honest review from me .I have not been paid either for the review or the products by the company .