Title : LIVE SMART -100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life
Author : Teja Lele
No of pages : 341
Genre : D-I-Y , Self-Help, How-to
Available at – Amazon
Price – Paperback Rs 399/- , Kindle Edition available too
In effect when attempting to repair a dripping faucet do you end up crying instead?
Looking to purify water without purchasing an expensive purifier?
How about making a chemical-free lotion bar and reducing the planet’s burgeoning burden of toxic waste while you are at it?
How do you recycle that pile of cardboard boxes left over from your online shopping spree?
If so , Live Smart: 100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life is the book for you!
What’s special about “Live Smart : 100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life”
A. Ease of Reading
“Live Smart : 100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life” deals with different aspects of living and the author has divided it into 5 sections
1. Home – The section on home has tricks that deal with the day to day functioning of your house. Maneuvers like fixing a clogged toilet to fixing a flat tyre and more such life savers.
2. Food and Kitchen – This section has tips from how to make a D-I-Y kitchen cleaning spray to how to recycle left over rotis etc. It has some great cleaning hacks and this is my personal favourite part of the book.
3. Beauty – The beauty section has fascinating tricks. Particularly, how to make your own shampoo and how to thread your upper lip at home.
4. Health and Well-being – As is evident from the title, it has useful home remedies for common health issues.
5. Reuse and Recycle – Mastering of this section can help you create eco-friendly wipes,you could even grown your own vegetable garden from left over kitchen scraps! Doesn’t that sound super nice – creating a vibrant and beautiful garden from kitchen waste.
B. Not a drab read!
“LIVE SMART :100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life ” comes well illustrated. Hence,I love the cover page. It is bright and fun and exudes positivity. Even inside , it has helpful diagrams and pictures that help you understand the processes better.
C. Witty bites
Reading this book does not feel like a tedious and boring to-do or how-to manual. Owing to her long years as an editor, Teja Lele’s writing is witty and rich. As a result, this book turned out very entertaining. To conclude, this is not a boring self-help book, but one that you will like to keep in your kitchen shelf to refer to from time to time.
On the flip side, the book “Live Smart : 100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life” has some hacks I already know , but that does not diminish its appeal as it has 100 hacks , so I still have a lot to read and learn to become a more conservation oriented citizen.
To Sum it up, Live Smart : 100 Hacks for a Healthier and Happier Life by Teja Lele is a well illustrated , useful book of hacks with neatly explained shortcuts to take better care of you, your home and the planet.
A must buy!
“This review is powered by #Blogchatter Book Review Program“