A B.B. cream is actually a beauty balm or Blemish balm , which moisturises, offers sun protection and also gives some coverage .I had earlier reviewed the Colorbar BB cream – Honey Glaze 002 , and recently when I went to get the BB (blemish Balm ) cream ,I found some changes to the earlier presentation .
So here goes my review …
Price – Rs 550/- for 29 gms / 1 U.S. Oz
There are some superficial changes in the outer packaging ,which was earlier an Ombre shade going from the actual color of the BB cream to a silver finish .Now it has been replaced with a completely silver finish .
PROS of Colorbar bb cream- Vanilla Creme 001
- Easily available
- Affordable , though compared to some other popular brands it may be expensive
- Available in 4 shades (which is great considering many brands give only two options ) -Vanilla Creme, Honey Glaze,Cinnamon Swirl and White Light .
- Blends easily .It does not have a thick or runny texture , just about right texture that make sit easy to spread .
- Does not leave a whitish cast or look cakey .
- Excellent colour match , I was very happy with this shade as it was neither light nor dark for me .
- Medium coverage .It helps gives an even tone, hides pits and pigmentation too giving a smoother and flawless complexion .
- Contains SPF 20 , so you don’t need to wear a sunscreen additional to this .
- Parabens free
- Slight fragrance which I like but does not linger
- Contains aloe vera and apple extracts to nourish the skin
CONS of Colorbar bb cream- Vanilla Creme 001
- Slightly more expensive than some of our other popular brands
- More product is needed so i am probably going to exhaust it soon if I wear it daily .
- SPF 20 may not be enough if you have to be out in the sun for more than an hour
- Good for light to medium coverage , you will need a foundation if you want more coverage
- It claims to give a radiant glow which I did not find though it gives a more even tone to the skin without any luminosity .