Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid Review
As we age, our body produces less collagen and cellular turn over slows down, the skin starts losing its elasticity which in turn causes the appearance of dry skin, dull skin and wrinkles. Today I will share with you my experience with a product that has been widely promoted as the Ayurvedic alternative to the chemical anti-ageing creams and treatments. The brand claims it to be “a Miraculous Beauty Fluid that illuminates complexion and evens out the skin tone”.
Stress, hormonal changes, Nutritional deficiencies(specially Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Protein deficiency),free radicals damage due to pollution and sun exposure – all of these contribute to the acceleration of the ageing process.
I have hit forty and I can feel fine lines and dry skin but I’m still skeptical about going for retinols even though all those cosmetic companies would want us to start anti-ageing creams as early as the twenties. Instead of switching to retinols for my skin care, I had been exploring other anti-ageing options or may be I should say mature skin care options in the market. Strangely very few players give a complete list of ingredients on the anti-ageing products and makes it even more tougher to choose the right product. Those who mention retinol or retinaldehyde ,do not mention the percentage of retinol /retinaldehyde in the product ,so I skipped going for retinol based anti-ageing solutions and started exploring other options.
Here is my honest review of the Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid .
Price – INR 2995 for 12 ml ( yes !!!)
Presentation – The Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid comes in a dark brown coloured glass bottle with a dropper. You need to use only 2-3 drops at night after cleaning the face.
Things I love about Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid
1. It is not a retinol based product, retinol can cause peeling of the skin and Retinol also makes the skin more susceptible to sun damage and can cause dark spots if you are not careful with sun protection.
2. It is quite thin and spreads very easily so less quantity is needed.
Things that I detest about Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid
1. The price is quite pocket pinching , though it is at par with other international brands , but still !
2. The dark oily fluid may leave stains on clothes
3. It has a sharp herbal odor, though it is tolerable but who wants to go to bed smelling like that !
4. It is not travel friendly, the glass bottle may crack, the dropper when squeezed may spill product and the product itself is oily and sharp smelling. You may need to wrap it in bubble wrap if you wish to carry it.
5. Despite the claim of “miraculous ” or maybe because of that tall claim , I was quite disappointed to see no miraculous changes on my skin. After using regularly for two months my skin looked nourished and the lines looked softer but the wrinkles would be visible if I missed it even for one night.
6. Unlike retinol products that also take care of any new acne , this night serum does not help in reducing acne.
FINAL VERDICT on Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Beauty Fluid
19 responses to “Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid Review”
I am glad as final verdict you have shared your honest review. yes, ayurvedic products are great for skin but they take time show results. but I prefer them over other typical allopathic and cosmetic products as they did not cause any harm or side effects.
I really loved the honest review, price is really seems on higher side and the way you mentioned in final verdict even I will check for few other options if available.
I've heard a lot about Kama Ayurveda products but haven't used them yet. This is such a detailed and honest review. I would love to try this out.
This looks amazing for skin care and have heard a lot about this brand definitely will be checking out
Kama is a trusted brand by many even I have used its hair oil for so long. But yes it doesnot actual live upto the tall claims and yes the price point of the products are surely high making it a premium product.
Kama products are all concentrate form of luxurious skin care. You have highlighted the right points in your review
I've always eyed this product but due to it being pocket pinching, I did not buy it. With products like these, once you get used to there is no going back. Loved your genuine review with personal experience.
That’s a great review and very well explained the reasons behind it. I use this brand in some of my skin care, should try this one too.
Thanks for such an honest review. I also prefer avoiding chemical based products but now that I have hit 40 as well, have been thinking of getting something for ageing skin. This did look promising but yes price is a bit high and the fact that even missing a day reverses the effect is a bit of a dampener.
I've heard a lot about Kama Ayurveda products but haven't used them yet. I would love to try it.
Yes , if you are in your thirties, this product will work well for you !
If your skin is not showing dryness, fine lines etc. then you may opt for this product, if the changes are already visible you may need to go for a stronger remedy
I was quite happy with the Bhringadi oil and the brightening oil of KA but this one did not impress me.
Yes but it is quite dear and the results are slow .
Thank you so much for the appreciation.
Yes if you are less than 40 and your skin is not showing visible signs of ageing then you can go for it.
I am already thinking of trying another serum.
Thanks a lot Varsha !
Yes , rightly said. I am still dangling between embracing the age related changes and trying to look young.