Today I am going to share my experience with a best seller product from ‘ The Body Shop ‘, it is ‘The Tea Tree skin clearing Facial wash ‘ .Read on to see whether it was suitable for my skin which is combination ( oily in some areas and dry in some ) with acne marks (blemishes) and acne prone skin .
Price -It costs ₹ 695 /- for 250 ml .Though it sounds expensive but since it has a thick consistency so very little is needed at a time and so one bottle can last upto two months or more very easily .Smaller bottles are also available .
The Product – It tis a thick fresh green coloured gel like product ,has a faint sharp Tea tree smell which I find pleasant .It has to be applied on wet face , it lathers well but not too much and causes a cool tingly sensation because of the Tea tree and Menthol .
What TBS says about Tea tree oil and community Fair trade which is its USP
“Our Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil comes from the foothills of Mount Kenya. Tea tree leaves are picked by hand and steam-distilled to release the oil. Our trade with the Kenya Organic Oil Farmers Association encourages sustainable and organic farming methods which help to preserve the area’s natural biodiversity. “
The PROS of TBS Tea Tree Skin clearing Facial wash
1. Sturdy packaging , spill proof and transparent bottle , so easy to know when your face wash is getting over .
2. Easy to spread , foams slightly and easy to wash off .I keep it on for a minute for better action .
3. Mild fresh fragrance .
4. It definitely improves the blemishes and clears the complexion .Regular use seems to reduce the formation of new acne but does not stop them completely nor does it affect the already present acne .
5. It does not make the skin feel dry or stretchy.
6. Removes regular make up but not the heavy duty long stay make up .
The CONS of TBS Tea Tree skin clearing Facial Wash
1. The price may be a deterrent for some .
2. The bottle is a bit bulky so carrying can be a problem .
3. Not very effective for moderate to severe acne ,but will work in mild acne .Seems to control the formation of whiteheads with regular use too.
4. Available online here at http://www.ebay.in/itm/like/171347394142 ,and at TBS exclusive showrooms .Not easily available everywhere .
Final Verdict- To sum up, an effective and gentle face wash for reducing mild acne , whiteheads and acne marks too .Since it is gentle it is suitable for all age groups .
I would rate it a 4 / 5 . Minus marks for availability and ineffectiveness on moderate to severe acne .
So that’s all for now .Keep writing in and subscribe to my blog to keep on getting latest updates.