Maybelline New York has launched a new Lip balm in the ‘ Baby Lips Lip balm ‘ category , it is called ‘ Watermelon Smooth ‘ .I came across this while at the cosmetics counter and it was love at first sight .It is packaged very attractively in bright green and pink hues .I am already very impressed with the quality of the previous ‘ Baby lips ‘range so I immediately bought this one .Let me now tell you how was my experience with this lip balm ….
Price – Rs 135 /- for 4 gms
Presentation – It comes in a twist up fluorescent pink and green plastic tube ,the packaging is similar to the previous ones just the color of the tube is different .
PROS of MNY baby lips Watermelon Smooth
1. Contains improved clinical Formula with ‘Centella essence‘ ( Indian Pennywort , herb which has been used since ancient times for wound healing and other various skin disorders ) which rejuvenates lips .
2. Gives a smoother texture , claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines on lips .
3. Lips feel more supple and less dehydrated
4. Contains SPF 20
5. Has a slight fruity nice fragrance probably ‘ Watermelony‘.I say probably because it is very faint .
6. I know this will not qualify as a pro but i just love the bright tube , it is so girly !
7. Good for using as a lipstick base .
The CONS of MNY Baby lips Watermelon Smooth
1.The biggest turn off was that I was hoping it would give a slight corally– pink–melony color as the name suggested but no such thing was in store .It leaves negligible to no color on the lips much like its other Baby lip variant -Anti oxidant Berry .
2.Slightly more expensive than other Baby lips products .
Final verdict – I would give it a 4 /5 , less one mark for the lack of color . Guess all the coloring has been left to the tempting exteriors !
Otherwise for a regular lip balm , it is very good in terms of sun protection and keeping the lips smooth but do not expect much more from it .